ENGIE: a succesful migration from SAP to Salesforce
Engie is one of the main providers of energy and gas in Belgium. They have over 2.5 million customers and more than 4200 full-time employees. They work with Boxx, smart meters and they were the first energy & service company to offer complete control to their customers about their usage. In 2018, Engie chose to start a migration from its SAP system to Salesforce as a one-stop shop for sales, service and marketing to improve its internal efficiency and service offering.
Engie has been using SAP as its ERP and CRM system. They found it slow, not user-friendly and complex to maintain. Engie looked for preferred partners with a strong & proven track record in migrations, complex integrations and high-level technical expertise in Salesforce Technology as well as agile working, innovation and knowledge transfers. In a next phase, Engie needed a full 360° view on its customers for ensuring appropriate and high-quality customer services. Because of a complex offering with multiple energy package deals, Salesforce Vlocity Industry Cloud solution was added to the platform. The Customer Link was there to advise on specific solution for the Utilities industry.
The Customer Link’s team follows an agile project approach. Engies Business Analists deliver the right user stories and The Customer Link ensures compatibility on architecture level, correct and timely implementation and custom support afterwards.
- Phase 1: Out goes SAP, in comes Salesforce Sales Cloud. Our team advised and guided Engie during this extended migration project with specific knowledge of release management, migrations, enterprise architecture and specific technical Salesforce knowledge.
- Phase 2: Setting up a 360° view on the customer with Salesforce Service Cloud. Next to ‘Sales Cloud’, Engie decided to implement ‘Service Cloud’ for their customer service. Here, the integration between their telefony call center solution & Salesforce is crucial.
- Phase 3: Adding Vlocity Industry Solution to the Salesforce environment to even better serve the Utilities niche market.
Today Salesforce is implemented at Engie for both B2C and B2B and continuous improvements are taken up through the same agile way of working.
Engie has been enjoying many benefits since they started working with Salesforce, including:
- Accessibility on mobile.
- More user-friendliness within a very flexible tool.
- Integrations with other 3rd party platforms are quick & easy to facilitate.
- Orders, quotes, and offered energy packages are more easy to define and to manage in Salesforce with Vlocity Industry Cloud.
- A dedicated parter with The Customer Link for their Salesforce development, architecture,…
“If you need strong consultants that can deliver high quality results at an acceptable price rate, then The Customer Link is your answer. They offer us proactive consultants who think about innovative solutions with us.” – Robbie Dugardijn, Chapter Lead Salesforce Engie